Effective as of October 19th, 2020
Welcome to the Friend a Puppy website!
YOU MUST BE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO REGISTER OR USE OUR SERVICES. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
- what personal information we collect and why we collect it;
- how we use your personal information;
- who we share your personal information with; and
- your options to control access, update and remove your personal information from the Website; and
- who you can contact should you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices.
Overview of Our Privacy Practices
We mitigate the risk and impact of potential harms involved in the disclosure of personal information through the adoption of reasonable physical, technical and organizational procedures appropriate to the sensitivity of the data in an effort to safeguard the personal information you provide to us.
Even with physical, technical and organizational measures adopted by us, there is a residual risk of the loss of, unauthorized access to or unauthorized disclosure of your information which could result in financial or other harm to you. In addition, there is a risk that your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities in the countries in which our service providers are located.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information at any time.
Further information with respect to our privacy practices is set out below.
- CONSENT FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Website. We will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purpose of providing our Services to you. You should exercise discretion when disclosing your personal information to us, and should not disclose sensitive or confidential information that you wish to remain private.
The kinds of information we collect include:
- Personal information and content you provide to us directly. When you register for our Services, we will collect certain basic information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. We use this information to register your account and set up your profile on our Website. We also collect your login credentials for the purpose of administering the account. Users signing up as breeders on our Website will provide additional information about their breeder status, including breeder’s history, certifications, registrations, puppy and breeding parent profiles, vaccination records and health certificates.
We may offer sign in option that enables you to create an account and access the Website with your login credentials of third party social networking or integrated services, such as Facebook or Google. These services will allow the third party to authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us.
While using the Services, you may create or share content, photos, communications and other information which contain personal information. This information may be (i) used and stored by us for the purpose of providing the Services; and (ii) made available to other Website users, if you choose so, to facilitate dog purchase orders. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact another Website user, we advise that you consider how you share your personal information with others.
We may also collect personal information when you contact us directly or through the Website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence. We do not make any use of your email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication or to provide our Services.
Additionally, we may track how you use the Website for the purpose of improving our Services. We may also collect unique device identifiers and geolocation information. Some browsers enable you to decline some personal identifiers, like cookies, however, doing so may affect your use of the Website and your ability to access certain features of the Website.
- Information others provide about you. We may receive information from our partners and service providers in connection with providing Services to you. Additionally, we may receive content, communications and information that other users provide when they use the Website. This can include information about you, such as when others send a message to you through the Website.
- HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To register you to use the Website and to authenticate users for security purposes;
- To cross reference with the personal information you previously provided to us to ensure accuracy;
- To administer the Website and your user account and to manage the emails that we send to you;
- To verify and fulfill dog purchase orders made through the Website;
- To provide registered users with Services through the Website;
- To obtain feedback on your experience using the Website;
- To contact you in connection with your account, dog purchase orders and to respond to your inquiries;
- If you opted in to allow us to do so, to communicate with you about our Services;
- To communicate with you, provided you have opted to receive such communication;
- To improve the Website’s performance, functionality and user experience;
- To understand, research and improve our Services, including to compile aggregated non-identifiable information for research, marketing and analytics purposes;
- To protect you, our service providers and us against fraud;
- To combat harmful content and maintain the integrity of our Services;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions and other policies or guidelines posted on the Website;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, applicable laws and regulations.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use outside service providers with respect to some of our Services. We provide information and content to our service providers only as necessary to provide you with the Services through our Website. Information that is shared is strictly related to your use of the Website and not for any third party use outside of the Website.
We will disclose personal information only if consent is given by the relevant individual or:
- when permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, warrant or other legal process;
- to enforce the Terms and Conditions or other policies applicable to our Services;
- to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues;
- to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or the public as required or permitted by law;
- to meet legal obligations, including but not limited to regulatory reporting obligations.
We use the following third parties and service providers:
- we use Amazon Web Services to host the Website’s platform and services;
- we use Stripe, Inc. to process payment transactions on our Website;
- we use Google to message and video call between Website users;
- we use Klaviyo, Inc. to send email communications to our Website users;
- we use Google Analytics to track anonymous activity and measure the usage patterns on our Website; and
- we use your Facebook or Google account credentials to register you to our Services, if you choose so, and maintain your account on our Website.
Friend a Puppy Ltd. and Friend a Puppy LLC:
- HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY?
We employ physical, technical and organizational safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the data to protect the personal information you provide to us from loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, copying and unauthorized use or modification. Notwithstanding these measures, no collection, storage or transmission of information over the Internet on websites or otherwise can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore we cannot ensure, warrant or guarantee the security of any such personal information.
If you think the personal information you provided to us has been improperly accessed or used, or if you suspect that unauthorized use of your personal information, please contact us immediately as set out in Section 15 below.
Friend a Puppy shall comply with, and provide users with reasonable assistance in complying with applicable laws with respect to any unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of personal information.
- How long do we Retain your Personal Information?
We will keep and retain your personal information in compliance with our legal obligations, and only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Personal information that is no longer required will be securely destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to our guidelines and procedures. For further details on our data retention periods, please contact us using the information provided in Section 15 below.
- WHERE is YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION stored?
- YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You can review, correct, update, or change your personal information by changing the relevant setting in your account. You may also opt out of receiving certain communications or emails from us, such as marketing messages, by following instructions provided in each such communication. However, you cannot opt out of receiving all emails from us, such as emails about the status of your account or dog purchase order.
You have the right to access personal information that Friend a Puppy holds about you. You can request from us information about:
- the personal information we hold about you;
- the categories of personal information concerned;
- the purposes of the processing;
- details to whom your personal information has been/will be disclosed;
- how long we retain your personal information;
- if we did not collect the information directly from you, information about the source; and
- how to lodge a complaint with the correct supervisory authority.
You may also request from us the following:
- that we update any incomplete or inaccurate information about you; and
- that we delete your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
You may request this information by contacting us as set out in Section 15 below.
Under certain circumstances, it is possible that we may not be able to provide you with all of the information you may have requested. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Fees may be applied to any copy of the requested personal information. We will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to your personal information, including contact information, so we can contact you and inform you with respect to your use of our Services. Failure to inform us of such changes is a breach of our Terms and Conditions and may result in suspension or termination of the Services we provide to you.
- WITHDRAWING CONSENT TO THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. To do this, please contact us as set out in Section 15 below. Withdrawal of your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure and retention of personal information may result in you being unable to continue use of the Website or our Services.
- Third Party Links
Our Website and the emails that we may send to you may contain hypertext links to the websites of third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. Linked websites are maintained by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not operate or control, in any respect, any information, software, products or services available on such third party websites. The inclusion of a link to a website does not imply any endorsement of the service or the site, its contents, or its sponsoring organization. We encourage our Website users to be aware that when they leave our Website, they should carefully read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EACH COMPANY
- CONTACT US
Please note that when requesting access to personal information we may request confirmation of your identity to protect you.